In early December 2006 Woodhead became a Climate FriendlyTM company – the first Asia-Pacific architectural practice to offset all our carbon emissions. Our carbon emissions have been measured by an independent consultant across all offices and all staff throughout the Asia Pacific. An equivalent value has been committed by the firm to Gold Standard carbon credits.
Our carbon audit covered all carbon emissions-related business activities across the entire group;
- Electricity and gas consumption
- Paper use and recycling
- Air travel – international and domestic
- Taxis, couriers, staff mileage
By investing in Kyoto-compliant Gold Standard carbon offsets we sought a long term solution to the causes of global warming – our commitment is for the future.
Woodhead’s Climate Friendly commitment has three key objectives;
- Improving our operational efficiency and reducing our business-related carbon emissions
- Raising awareness amongst our staff, families and clients
- Bringing increased knowledge of design-related climate change issues into the design process